Caleb John Holloway
888-321-1955 (Toll Free)
Caleb John Holloway has been working to help people and businesses achieve their goals since 1999, when he began his first career in retail sales management. Mr. Holloway earned his Bachelor of Science in Economics from the University of North Carolina at Charlotte. After thirteen years of holding leadership positions in business, he decided to become an advocate for the legal rights of others in workplace matters. He graduated in May 2016 from Wake Forest University School of Law, and now practices with Maloney Law & Associates, PLLC in Charlotte, where he has worked as a legal intern since the summer of 2014.
While at Wake Forest, Mr. Holloway gained practical legal experience through clinical externship programs. After his first year there, he spent half of his summer working closely with in-house corporate counsel at a company listed on the Fortune Global 500, where he researched and analyzed contract, litigation, and internal policy issues. Mr. Holloway also worked as a Litigation Clinic student extern during his third year, which included intensive training on depositions and introductory trial practice. As part of this clinic, Mr. Holloway worked at a prominent national law firm that exclusively represents management, primarily in the litigation of labor and employment matters. His clinical externship experience also included time at a small firm that practices criminal defense, with emphases on white-collar and sex or drug crimes.
Mr. Holloway has been twice published in Wake Forest's Journal of Business and Intellectual Property Law. He also served as an Editorial Staff member for the same journal, which is student-run and works with its distinguished Board of Advisors to publish legal scholarship authored by academic faculty, practitioners, and students.
By raising thousands in dollars and pounds of food for Second Harvest Food Bank, Mr. Holloway led Wake Forest Law to win the NCBA Young Lawyer Division's Legal Feeding Frenzy three times, surpassing the efforts of every other North Carolina law school each time. He also provided pro bono legal services as a student by assisting with wills for Legal Aid, by helping elderly and low-income individuals prepare their tax returns as part of the Volunteer Income Tax Assistance program, and by preparing health care powers of attorney for the Campaign for Southern Equality.
Mr. Holloway spent his childhood days in Alaska, where he cultivated his appreciation for spending time in the outdoors. He prefers to be outside whenever possible, whether he is running, hiking, camping, exploring State and National Parks, or driving the Blue Ridge Parkway.
Areas of Practice
- Employment Law
- North Carolina, 2016
- Wake Forest University School of Law, Winston Salem, North Carolina
- J.D. - 2016
- University of North Carolina, Charlotte
- B.S. magna cum laude - 2012
- Major: Economics, Business Administration concentration
- UberUnsettled: How Existing Taxicab Regulations Fail to Address Transportation Network Companies and Why Local Regulators Should Embrace These Innovators, 16 Wake Forest J. Bus. & Intell. Prop. Law 22 (2015) , Wake Forest University School of Law, Journal of Business and Intellectual Property Law
- Keeping Freedom in Freelance: It's Time for Gig Firms and Gig Workers to Update Their Relationship Status, 16 Wake Forest J. Bus. & Intell. Prop. Law 298 (2016) , Wake Forest University School of Law, Journal of Business and Intellectual Property Law
Professional Associations and Memberships
- North Carolina Advocates for Justice
- North Carolina Bar Association, Labor & Employment Law
- North Carolina Bar Association, Litigation
- North Carolina Bar Association, Young Lawyers Division
- American Bar Association, Young Lawyers Division
Past Employment Positions
- Barnes & Noble Booksellers, Store Manager
- Old Navy (Gap, Inc.), General Manager
- Charlotte in 2012 (bipartisan) Host Committee to the DNC, Intern